We are currently searching for an ambitious and focused Senior Payroll/Accounting Clerk who will be responsible for working with company financial and payroll data and provide administrative support to our Controller. You will be responsible for professionally interacting with management and team members within the company, comfortably communicating with suppliers, and effectively handling confidential and critical details.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Inputting bi-weekly payroll data, processing pay rate and deduction changes and maintaining the payroll database.
- Preparing commission draw summaries and reconciliations.
- Summarizing parts commission, piecework and transport driver timesheets.
- Journalize payroll transactions.
- Administer time clock and oversee scheduling.
- Assign and oversee onboarding tasks, including gathering of hiring documents, tax forms and benefit applications.
- Drafting and submitting compliance submissions, including WSIB, pension, EHT and Records of Employment.
- Maintaining employee files, monitoring onboarding/offboarding steps and following up on performance review processes.
- Tracking eligibility and coordinate benefit and pension programs.
- Create bi-weekly and ad hoc payroll and commission reports for managers.
- Office supply ordering.
- Monitor Accounts Receivable and delivery dates to verify timely collection.
- Assist with credit card payables, bank and merchant account reconciliations, creating cash receipts and bank deposits, and review/approve retail sales commission as needed.
- Other accounting duties, including researching, reconciling and analyzing general ledger accounts.
The ideal candidate is a trustworthy professional and a team player with payroll and bookkeeping experience and will have:
- Experience in managing multiple priorities and administrative coordination with great follow-up skills.
- Strong ability to adapt to change and eagerness to learn.
- Exceptional written, verbal and collaboration skills and be detail-oriented.
- Competency in bookkeeping and payroll duties.
- Diploma, professional training or relevant certification.
- Bilingualism is an asset and being able to speak and communicate in both English and French is preferred.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite and/or Google Suite.
Salary: $42,000 to $54,000 (dependent on experience)
- Great people! Legend Boats is a family run business and we treat it that way.
- Great Benefits! After 6 months of employment, you will be eligible for our Benefits Program. This covers all the standards: medical, dental, vision and prescriptions.
- Great Pension! After 1 year of employment, you will be eligible for our Pension Plan.
- Great fun! Boating and the Marine Lifestyle are awesome, you know it, we know it, everyone who comes to visit us knows it! This is why we work towards having fun everyday (never at the expense of production or customer satisfaction of course).
- Great potential! Legend Boats is committed to the development and potential of all employees.